Monday, November 2, 2015

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

"For you created my inmost being. You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful.  I know that full well."
Psalm 139:13-14


Today we had our 20 week ultrasound.

Leading up to this week, I was feeling very nervous.  About a week ago, I came down with the stomach flu and couldn't keep anything down.  I was so worried about the baby and worried Baby wasn't getting what he/she needed because I couldn't eat or drink.   I've been concerned over that in general throughout my pregnancy since eating has been a challenge.

My worry continued as I've watched loved ones around me get flung on different paths than they were hoping or expecting.  As I grieve with those close to me who have lost a loved one or are mourning a relationship, I've become quite aware that things may not turn out the way we plan them to.

All of this has been my first (of many) lesson of parenthood in surrendering control and giving it back to God.  I ultimately know that God is the one who has this child in His hands, not me.  It is His breath that sustains life in this little one.  Yes, He has entrusted us with the responsibility of raising and nurturing our child but ultimately He determines the steps and future of him/her.

This morning, I felt a peace wash over me.  I knew that whatever the results, God would be there and I made a decision that if the results ended up not being what we hoped for, I would still trust God with His plan no matter how difficult.  I am so grateful that God has given us yet another gift of grace and has blessed us with normal results and a healthy baby so far.

It is truly a miracle to see this life inside of me and to feel him/her move around.  I am daily amazed at the miracle of life and how God truly has knit each of us together.  I can't help but praise Him for who He is and for creating me and this little one inside of me.  To Him be the glory.





No comments:

Post a Comment